Sunday, August 10, 2008

Yet Again~Still Waiting*

Here we are five days from the last time I posted an entry and already plans have changed. We are still waiting for a job... We took the trip to Price to find a place to live after taking the job extended to us, only to find out that there was absolutely NO WHERE to live. I thought to myself.. well no wonder it's so hard to fill the position out here!! It was the most unsuitable range of living arrangements I have ever seen in my life.

You know, you hear returned missionaries' stories of how people in foreign countries have to live, and even though it's nothing I have had to see yet in my life, if there was any comparison... the housing in Price would have to be compared to the neighborhoods you see on crime homocide cop shows. I felt so unsafe and couldn't begin to imagine putting myself, let alone my children, in such a position. So in short, we had to turn the job down.

Adam has another interview tomorrow in SLC that we are both very anxious for. It offers full benefits and if the pay is anything like what they offered for the position in Orem, then it will be better pay than the other three offers Adam has been extended. Every offer so far has gotten better but have had its disadvantages as well, so we are just hoping for the most crucial parts to work themselves out.. the pay, the location, and benefits. Other bonuses are always a plus and have been extended with some offers but not with others. We are holding our breath unfortunately for this chance, so hopefully all goes well! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like things are pretty crazy for you right now! Just wanted to let you know that we had the baby (another boy!) and we named him Caden. He's almost 3 weeks old now and I haven't updated my blog but thought I would let you know. Also... I was checking out your friend's blog (suzie, I think?) since it was posted on yours and her last post (and your reply) sounded... well... kinda wierd. Is everything okay there? Good luck with the job stuff!!!