Friday, October 5, 2007

Old Vegas Blog...

WHAT A TRIP!!! haha. Las Vegas is such a hyped up, out of control place that I couldn't just NOT blog the adventure. Okay mind the fact that Addison is my first and only baby for those of you who don't know & considering she is only 9 months old this was the first time I had done the airport thing with a baby. What a dramatic & exhausting experience! :)

Upon deciding to take the invitation to fly out there, I told myself "okay, it's going to be a little different doing it yourself and not just seeing it be done". (Aralee flew here to Salt Lake with her baby in May this year.)

THE PREPARATION:

There momma was packing and doing laundry. Heaven knows I can't forget her favorite blankie, or her favorite block, her favorite squealer, or her favorite everything! So with that, I am trying to figure out how to pack toys, glass baby food jars, the amount of diapers that she will need for 4 days, her cutiest outfits that aren't already stained beyond belief, and trying to fit everything that I will need to keep the angel happy on the hour and a half flight. As the new laundry comes out of the dryer and I am putting it in the suitcase, here along comes little companion who wants to help. She spots her favorite blanket, which you must know, gets her so excited that she kicks her legs, squeals, and waves her arms for it. :) Did that stay in the diaper bag? NOPE. Her eyes happen to notice her veggie puffs in the diaper bag as well.. did those remain in their designated area? haha. You're right; no. So logically one would just wait until she went to bed. I did that, but what about the last minute things? Yeah, everything you packed once is now no longer packed when you're trying to pack the last minute things. lol.

THE AIRPORT:

So after cramming all that was needed for the duration of the trip into the ONE suitcase and ONE diaper bag I arrived at the airport to check in. Believe it or not momma packed far more for baby than for herself! haha. There I was pushing the stroller with one hand and pulling the suitcase with my thumb of the opposite hand, which about ripped off! Going through the poles that rope things off.. haha.. yeah there went my suitcase towering over and next went the poles toppling over. And heaven knows all the people seeing it happen are thinking, "Let's not help her or anything, she just has a baby... it's normal to see this happen!" lol.After getting checked in, I head for the gate and it's a funny thing that even with a baby stroller and the most complicated situation, your gate is still one of the furthest ones away! I am supporting the weight of a baby in a stroller going up an escalator.. HELLO ELEVATOR right?! oh geez.. a little late now!

Going through security, I had to remove the norm, but then also had to take the car seat off the stroller, empty the stroller, fold up the stroller, and take stuff off baby all to be x-rayed.. AND do it all while holding Addison! So I jokingly asked the security guy, "Do you want me to just put her on the X-ray belt as well?" No, was the response I got of course. Luckily just before going down an escalator a flight attendant who was on my same flight decided she would help me with the weight of the stroller. :) Before boarding, I get yelled at for not already having my stroller tagged. Hello! Had I known I was supposed to, don't you think I would have had it done!? However, after the drama of getting to the gate, the flight went surprisingly well. Addison ate her snacks and only cried once upon lowering in elevation because it hurt her ears. But I must say... especially going to Vegas... that was the first and last time I will do the baby+airport scenario by myself! haha. :) GOOD TIMES!

No comments: